Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation

Relaxation, rejuvenation, carefree, fun, spontaneous.  These are the words I would use to describe what vacation means to me.  This is one of the first vacations we've taken with the children that wasn't completely planned out.  I've been nervous about what things would be like.  How our children would behave without a consistent schedule, or bed to sleep in.  Meeting lots of people for the first time although these people already love our children and can't wait to see them!

After day two I can say that things are going extremely well.  The flight from Seattle to Milwaukee was a little more than four hours.  We watched things out the window, had lunch, took a nap (yes, both children actually slept), listened to music, and read books.

We arrived in Milwaukee and got a rental car with a surprising amount of ease, and then it was off for a short drive.  Eric brought a GPS.  Although I also brought my trusty maps that I confide in when he's not looking! 

We've seen Sister Evelyn (more on her later) and toured the Jelly Belly Factory!  We tasted some yummy samples, and maybe some not so yummy! 

Today its off to Bridget and Scott's wedding which will entail about a two hour car drive, seeing Grandma and Papa for the first time in several months and seeing my sisters and brother-in-laws as well.  Its going to be a full day and hopefully tonight we'll all fall into bed exhausted and happy!

1 comment:

  1. Sound like things are going well. It is always a sobering thing to take wee kid on a plane. Mine usually did well . . . but one time only, screamed for about 40 minutes. :-)

    Nice to be out in the country, eh?

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete