Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Baby Girl

Ear infections.
Middle ear infections are one of the most common childhood problems. The middle ear is a small pocket of air behind the eardrum. You have a middle ear infection when germs get into the middle ear and the area fills up with fluid (or pus), which contains germ-fighting cells. When the pus builds up, your ear starts to feel like a balloon that is ready to pop, which can really hurt.

I have been blessed with a daughter that has chronic ear infections.  She is also one of the strongest girls I know.  These ear infections have to hurt.  My Dora wouldn't let you know that she was having any discomfort.  She smiles, plays and crawls through life as if things are fine.  The only slight indication is that while she has them she doesn't sleep through the night.

Yesterday I spent several hours on the phone calling ENTs looking for one who's schedule isn't booking out 2-3 months.  I finally found one.  Our appointment is at 7am.  That is VERY early for anything let alone a doctor visit.  However, I am grateful that Dora will be seen and we can put an end to this sickness.

Dearest Father, please come and help to heal my baby girl.  She is trying to be so strong but, I know her little body is wearing down from all of the antibiotics and the pain.  Please help her to know your comfort and your strength in this time of weakness.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment