Saturday, April 2, 2011

Less is More

Less is more.  Haven't we all heard this?  Until very recently I hadn't bought into this.  Isn't more chocolate ice cream better? 

Recently my husband and I have begun to subscribe to the theory that less IS more.  Less activities for the children, less commitments to church, friends, each other.  We took a long look at our calendar and marked off things that aren't immediate needs.  WOW!  Is that ever so difficult.

It is easy making a line through things on the calendar.  The hard part comes in when you realize that the thing you put a line though no longer resides in your life.  I've given up scrapbooking, time with girlfriends, Bible Study, and time with my husband.

God is so good and faithful and wonderful.  While we are chosing to play life closer to the vest, He has brought some amazing women into my life.  I recently went on a women's retreat with three ladies.  I've known them all for some time but after a weekend together, these women have helped to change the way I see life.  My eyes are more focused on Him.

Suddenly I feel like all of these things I have marked off my calendar were white noise.  I can so clearly hear His voice and feel His touch. 

WOW!  If this is what knowing Him is about, please let my calendar remain empty.

3 comments:

  1. I'm super proud of you for starting your own Blog.Yours is the only non-craft entry I have ever read.Keep up the good work.
    Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my heart smile, thank you for you post. I heard someone say once that if you want to know someone's priorities, look at their checkbook and calendar. Seems things are looking up, sistah! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Think back to fall, when we talked at Moms N Tots about "Productivi-tea" and some of the things that hit you then. Less is DEFINITELY more! I keep the calendar fairly open--it gives me so much more time to do what God has for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete